Dear Members and Friends,
We pray you are well and staying healthy. The Marple Christian Church building will be closed to our worship services and meetings until further notice. We want to be faithful in our call to care for our community and the most vulnerable among us, and we feel this is the best way to do so.
We are delighted to announce the opportunity for you to join us for worship virtually or by calling in on your phone this Sunday at 11:00 am. We will gather through a video conferencing service called Zoom. You can connect via a device (computer, Android or iPhone app, tablet, iPad, etc.) or by dialing in on your phone. Zoom is free. The link and the phone number are below. If Zoom is new to you, we suggest you connect as early as 10:45 AM so that we can try to help with any technical problems you may have.
How to join our online worship:
To join our Zoom meeting, point a web browser at the following web address.
(The first time you use Zoom on a device, it will ask you to download and install the Zoom software. It's safe to do so.)
If you prefer, you can call from a phone. (You'll only hear audio.)
The closest phone number is in New York City: 646-558-8656.
When you call in, you'll be asked for the Meeting ID.
215 573 3171
Some questions you may have:
Will everyone see me if I join via a device?
- You have the option to turn your video on or off by clicking on the video icon on the screen.
Will everyone hear me or the sounds in my home?
- You have the option to turn your microphone on or off by clicking on the microphone icon (mute/unmute) on the screen. We'll turn most microphones off during most of the service (except for gathering, announcements, Lord's Prayer, prayer requests, responses at communion, and after the service).
Will we share prayer concerns?
- Please email your prayer concerns to Pastor Janet before Sunday. If you have a prayer concern that comes up on Sunday, you will be invited to share your concerns at a point in our worship. If you raise your hand at that time, Jay Treat will un-mute you. If you prefer, you can share your concern by typing it in the chat window in Zoom.
Will we have communion?
- Yes! Please have your bread and cup ready before worship begins so we can partake of the elements together.
How can I give my tithe or offering?
- You can give regular tithes and offerings by mailing a check to the church: 475 Lawrence Road, Broomall PA 19008. You may also set up an ACH payment from your bank to the church (as you would for a bill).
Is there a way to practice getting on Zoom?
- You can try connecting on Sunday morning as early as 10:45 AM to address any glitches. Remember, if you have difficulty with your device, you can always call in by phone.
We look forward to seeing you this Sunday! If you have any questions about Zoom and connecting for worship, please contact Jay Treat.